TriMedika Ltd is ISO 13485 accredited for the design, development, manufacture and distribution of innovative medical devices to hospitals all over the world. As 80% of hospital infections are spread through ‘CONTACT’, our solution is TRITEMP™, a non-contact, medical-grade thermometer, available to healthcare professionals, to deliver greater efficiencies that will benefit patients, by reducing infection spread, lowering costs and eliminating plastic waste in hospitals.
We put patient care at the centre of medical innovation and develop devices that make healthcare workers lives easier.
How many organisations/clients currently utilise the service/solution across the UK?
In the UK, TriMedika supply products to over 150 major acute care hospitals, UK vaccination centres and UK allied health professionals. Internationally, we supply and support hospitals in 21 countries, many of which are now mandating non-contact thermometers across all wards in response to Covid-19.
Is there anything you would like to make delegates aware of ahead of the Infection Prevention snd Control Conference?
TriMedika designs develop and manufactures innovative medical devices, using cutting-edge technology to reduce hospital infections and improve patient quality of life. TriMedika focuses on optimising infection control during temperature measurement and offers the hospital huge cost savings and environmental benefit by removing single-use plastics from the ward.
Thermometers are used in every ward, every day on every patient and studies show that 80% of hospital infections are transferred through contact. Contact thermometers have been linked to incidents of cross-infection in hospitals in high risk patients (N Engl J Med 2018; 379:1322-1331. A Candida Auris outbreak and its Control in an Intensive Care setting).
Our product, TRITEMP™ provides:
· Optimisation of infection control as it is an accurate, non-contact thermometer designed for clinical use.
· No need for probe covers or plastic consumables, saving nursing staff time.
· Hospital cost savings of up to five-fold versus traditional contact thermometers.
· Improved patient comfort as temperatures can be read without disturbance.
What do you feel are the key points delegates need to digest when considering a partnership with your organisation?
- More than half of hospital-acquired infections are considered preventable. In fact, research has shown that 1 in 8 COVID-19 infections was acquired in hospital*. Non-contact is your first line of defence against infection spread and the TRITEMP™ offers zero contact with the patient.
- The TRITEMP™ is already approved for use on NHS/HSC framework agreements.
- On average we save a 9600-bed hospital in the region of £45,000 per year on traditional contact thermometers.
- The TRITEMP™ offers an accuracy level of +/- 0.2°C on Core Body Temperature.
- We also offer a unique calibration checker to monitor the accuracy of the TRITEMP™ during the course of the product’s lifetime.
- The TRITEMP™ is CE marked and manufactured in Europe.
Do you want to add any other key points?
TriMedika products are already being used in hospitals in over 20 countries around the world and we’re named as one of Maserati’s top 100 disruptor companies. We’re also an ISO 13485:2016 manufacturer.
New England Journal of Medicine: Neurosciences ICU Oxford University Hospitals
Unit 3 E3 Building, Springfield Campus 398 Springfield Road, Co Antrim, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT12 7DU United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)28 9026 5140